The Fairchester League is a consortium of independent schools located geographically within Westchester County, New York and Fairfield County, Connecticut. Admission Directors at these schools meet regularly to establish consistent practices and procedures designed to support applicant families in the admission process. Specifically, our schools establish:
- common Admission Procedures
- common required academic screening and testing assessments, locations, and schedules, and
- common admission notification and reply dates.
Member Schools represent a complete range of opportunities for students in early education through grade 12. Fairchester Schools are accredited with the CAIS (Connecticut Association of Independent Schools) and the NYSAIS (New York State Association of Independent Schools).The Fairchester Admission Directors adhere to the Principles of Good Practice established by the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS). These are detailed in another section of the website.
Additional Purposes of the Fairchester League Include:
- To provide a forum for the Admission Directors to become better acquainted with each other, to share common areas of concern, and to discuss the best practices and the issues that arise in dealing with the admission procedures of member schools.
- To promote communication among the Directors of Admissions.
- To provide guidelines and support for the collective Secondary School Admissions Fair.
- To further the spirit of cooperation among the schools.
| ||© 2013, Fairchester Independent Schools. All rights reserved.|